"The real purpose of books is to trap the mind into doing its own thinking."
-Christopher Morley (1890-1957)

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Bob Ong Books

Thanks to a colleague/friend-o-mine, I was introduced into Bob Ong's world. After reading a book of his (Stainless Longganisa-which happened to be my first Bob Ong book), I became an instant fan. As of the moment, I am close to owning all six of his books ( I have 3, half is close right?!) Anyway, his latest book(MacArthur), I found "da bomb"(hell, the ending made me cry!) I haven't read a lot of books in tagalog. I've only read Filipino books used from kinder to college, though some, I did not finish, and the 3 Bob Ong books that I have.

Dear Mr. Jose Rizal,

I am sorry that I am not much of a fan of Filipino authors. I promise to read more books especially the ones in tagalog. But not the tagalog romance novels, please no. I don't even like Mills and Boons and other books of the same genre so please do not make me read them.

Hoping for your kind consideration.
Thank you.

Respectfully yours,
YIGAE

No comments: